- All songs must be the original work of the artist/band, or of a songwriter who gives his or her consent for the band/artist to have their music played royalty-free.
- All songs must be submitted on CD. No MP3's will be accepted.
- Artists who are signed to record label or publishing company are eligible, as long as their copyright owners sign the submission form, giving us the royalty-free right to play the song and recording on the web.
- Songs of all genres will be accepted. Songs of any length are acceptable. Artists can submit as many songs as they like, but an artist can only have 3 songs in heavy rotation at any time.
- NO EXTREME PROFANITY! All songs must be radio-ready and can contain no profanity. We're unable to play any song that contains words that are banned from commercial radio. Besides, we don't want anyone's mother complaining to us about warping her child's mind. We have enough problems as it is!!!
- If you submit a full-length CD, you must note on the submission form which song(s) you want our DJs to check out first. If we cannot determine which song(s) you are promoting, we will choose the song we like.
- Please complete one submission form for each CD you submit.
To get your music heard on Charlotte Indie Radio, complete these steps:
Choose your best original songs. Songs can be of any genre, but must be an original work. Any recording that samples someone else's copywritten material will not be played.
Print and fill out the PDF Submission Application. Send in your songs on CD and your completed submission form to:
Charlotte Indie Radio
P.O. Box 240472
Charlotte, NC 28224-0472
To make the most of your submission:
Make sure your CD is available on MSN music and Amazon.com. (The links to these sites will appear when your song is played. If your CD is available for sale on these sites, listeners who click the link under your song will be able to purchase your CD while it is playing.)
To get your CD on MSN music, join CD Baby and sign up for their digital distribution. To make your music available on Amazon.com, follow their submission guidelines.When you're in the studio, record some tags ("Hi, we're Band X. You're listening to Charlotte Indie Radio.") and send them in on audio CD in addition to your music.
What We Play
Every local artist or band who submits original music and a completed submission form will be played on Charlotte Indie Radio at least once. Songs that our DJs like will be played more. Charlotte Indie Radio plays all genres of music. The station features Charlotte area music but will also play music from throughout North and South Carolina. Our goal is to get local Charlotte original music heard!!
All submitted materials are the property of Charlotte Indie Radio and will not be returned. Artists and songwriters retain full rights to their copyrights. All songs remain the property of those who wrote and/or own them. We do not claim any ownership of the songs or recordings. By submitting your material, you are only granting us the right to play your song and recording royalty-free. All songs that contain unauthorized copywritten material (including samples) will be disqualified. Submissions with incomplete application forms will not be played. Songs with incomplete submission forms will not be played.